Thursday, January 30, 2014

I got you a fish

I tend to dump thoughts in to the air and it always confuses me more. So I figured I'd try keeping them in text and study myself. I know what you're thinking, "Oh my word, another boring guy with a blog." Well why are you here then? I kid, I kid. Frankly, if you have somehow found this dark forgotten hole on the internet, more power to you! Well, let the games begin.

As I went to class the other day, the professor announced we'd have a guest from the police department for recruiting. As I had seen this last semester, I didn't care either way so long as we got notes off the board and let out early as usual. Well, things got a bit weirder than the last time.

This fellow introduces himself and mumbles about the pay and qualifications, big woop right? Well people start to ask about pay and he begins to talk about pay and pensions, and still no big deal. However, he started rambling about how he never envisioned himself being a police officer and I'm expecting some kind of life changing story. However, he goes on to explained how he got a bachelors in business, did a year in the NFL, and then couldn't find work for so-long after that. After more filler, he eventually joins the police out of the need for income.

Now some of you may not see much wrong with that, but it gets worse. He begins to go on about how he doesn't have to work if he doesn't WANT to. He might pull somebody over if he WANTS to. He talks about how if he really wanted to he could park his patrol car on the side of the road and play on facebook all day. The class laughs as if this is amusing as he continues to say how police give tickets because they want to. I'm sorry, but who in the hell does this guy think he is? It is people like this that ruin the system.

I have always been against people who join police and/or military branches for benefits. When I enlisted, I did so because it was what I believed in. I believed that I owed something to my country. I felt I could contribute to the bigger picture. However wrong or naive I was, I still believe at heart that service jobs like these are no place for just making a check. That is how corruption breeds and half-ass jobs are done.

Well, I guess this one has gone on too long for my first posting, (on this blog).
Oh, wait! I almost forgot! I got this for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment